Thursday, April 19, 2012

12-04-19 And the First Amendment...


An Occupier was choked by a Boston Police Officer [badge number #4534] today in the Boston Common while practicing the 1st Amendment of the United States Bill of Rights. The Boston Common is the first park in the world to allow free speech and here is a perfect example of free speech being suppressed. Commissioner Ed Davis you have some explaining to do.

A note from the protester pictured here:
Hi, This is a picture of me. The "pale violet material" I'm holding was a wig I was wearing that a Tea Partier had just knocked off my head. I was asking the tea partier to explain to me why he thought it was okay to knock my wig off ("My hand slipped", he replied sarcastically) when the officer came up and said something along the lines of "okay, take your shit and get out of here" and shoved me a few feet. I turned to him and said "Don't push me". he replied "Don't push you?!" then did this. You can decide yourself if this was deserved or not.

(Photo: Paul Weiskel) For more pictures of this event:http://www.flickr.com/photos/31167233@N08/sets/72157629461002076/with/6935577808

No comments: