Disturbing: Steve Clemons, pictured left, tweeted the conversation after overhearing the officials saying the NSA leaker and Guardian reporter Glenn Greenwald, pictured right, should be 'disappeared' on Saturday
Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press
- Editor-at-large of The Atlantic Steve Clemons tweeted the 'disturbing' discussion after overhearing it at Washington's Dulles airport on Saturday
- The four men were speaking loudly and 'almost bragging'
- They said both the leaker and Guardian reporter Glenn Greenwald, who broke the story, should be 'disappeared'
- Comes after National Intelligence director James R Clapper defended the surveillance programs for keeping America safe
- NSA filed criminal report with Justice Dept. in relation to leaks to The Guardian and The Washington Post
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook